Long Way on a Little by Shannon Hayes
Quantity in Basket:
Shipping Weight: 2.00 pounds
|Long Way on a Little: An earth lover’s companion for enjoying meat, pinching pennies, and living deliciously by Shannon Hayes.|
“Every earth-conscious home cook who wishes to nourish his or her family with sustainable, local, grassfed and pastured meats should be able to do so, regardless of income,” states author Shannon Hayes. And there’s nobody better to teach us how to do this than Shannon.
This book, published in late 2012, follows two previous books on cooking grassfed products—The Grassfed Gourmet Cookbook and The Farmer and the Grill. In this one, Shannon takes an even bigger bite and examines the conundrum of maintaining a healthy, affordable and ecologically conscious meat-based diet, while simultaneously paying America’s small farmers a fair price for their food.
Shannon gives practical advice on sourcing ethical meat and using the whole animal from snout to tail.
This book also shows us how to adapt foods to fit diet restrictions, and offers dozens of tips, from how to hard-boil farm fresh eggs to make them easier to peel, to how to make the “World’s Best Bay Rum Shaving Soap” from rendered tallow and lard.
- Recipes for cooking all major cuts of grassfed and pastured meats indoors and out on the grill
- Carbohydrate counts on all recipes for low carb and diabetic diets
- Guide to Grain-Free, Legume-Free, Dairy-free, and Paleo-friendly recipes
- Full-color insert illustrating fundamental techniques for working with whole animals: from grilling steaks and rendering fat, to making soap, salve, candles and more
- Extensive section of soups and leftovers
- Lively up-to-date discussions of current issues pertaining to sustainable livestock farming in North America
- Money-saving tips for making delicious meals go as far as possible
©September 2012. Softcover. 266 pages.
Having trouble ordering? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ecommerce Shopping Cart Software by Miva Merchant